- Location: Rancho Cucamonga
- Sector: Legal
- Employment type: Regular, Full-Time
- Date posted: Mar 13, 2017
- Closes: Apr 10, 2017
Kegel, Tobin & Truce, APC, a top-rated workers' compensation defense firm, seeks successful Workers' Compensation associate attorney for an opening in our Rancho Cucamonga office.
Attorney will represent employers and carriers before the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board in all phases of litigation, practicing law in compliance with ethical standards as established by state law. Responsibilities include providing legal analysis and advice; preparing and filing legal pleadings and documents; preparing written discovery, depositions, motions and briefs in support of defense strategies; performing legal research; preparing for and conducting pre-trial discovery and preparing for and attending hearings, status conferences and lien trials.
The ideal candidate will provide effective and timely communications, information, legal advice and other services to clients.
We offer competitive compensation and generous benefits.
· JD from accredited law school and license to practice in the state of California.
· Opening for associate attorney with minimum 5 years’ of current or recent experience in workers’ compensation field (applicant or defense)
· Case handling, deposition and trial experience, with knowledge of current workers' compensation case law/Labor Code, and experience before the WCAB
· Commitment to high quality legal work
· Must be well organized with good analytical skills, excellent oral and written communication skills
· Customer focus and quality client relation skills required
· PC literate with keyboard skills, proficient in MS Word and Outlook
Please provide résumé, references and cover letter to email@example.com