Live Seminar Overview:
The California non-attorney Hearing Representative and Lien Representative is required to know how to prepare for and litigate a workers' compensation case or lien claim before a WCAB Judge. This seminar will instruct Hearing Reps and Lien Reps in the fundamentals about a work comp claim - from injury to opening a case, pre-trial issues, mandatory settlement conferences, and settlement of cases.
Any non-attorney who appears at a DWC District office (board): hearing representatives both applicant and defense, lien hearing representatives, lien claimants, paralegals, legal secretaries, law school students, law firm interns, claims adjusters, TPAs, employers or HR professionals, self-insureds, program managers and claims analysts for brokers.
This seminar is instructed by three experienced and highly respected judges with a combined total of 68 years of judicial experience. The curriculum is also of great benefit to attorneys, claims professionals, insurance professionals, and self-insureds as well.
* Preparation for 2018 Issues
- Preparing for Hearings (conferences and trials)
- Professional Standards and Conduct
- DWC Forms and Procedures
- Case Review
- Legal Basics
- File and Litigation Preparation and Strategies
- Direct and Cross Examination
- Effective Depositions
- Expert Testimony
- How and When to Settle the Case (Or Not!)
- Defending and Prosecuting AOE/COE and Independent Contractor Issues
- Rating Your Case
- Petitions for Reconsideration/Removal
- Professional Standards of Conduct
- Liens: Filing, Statute of Limitations, Copy Service Regs and Fee Schedules
- Using EAMS to Your Advantage
To register, please visit the website or call the number below!
Time: 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Contact: (805) 484-0333 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: The Grand of Long Beach 4101 E Willow St., Long Beach, CA
Sep 29, 2017
Join the AWWC Ambassadors at the Don Cesar on St. Pete Beach. Hear from our special guest speaker, …
Oct 2-5, 2017
The IAIABC Convention is the premier conference of the Association, where workers' compensation le …
Oct 8-10, 2017
Conference Overview: The SIIA National Conference & Expo is the world’s largest event focused e …