- Location: OC/LA/SGV
- Sector: Legal
- Employment type: Permanent
- Date posted: Jan 10, 2019
- Closes: Feb 7, 2019
Defense Workers' Compensation law firm in Huntington Beach is seeking an attorney with a minimum of 5 years Defense Workers' Compensation experience to join our growing firm.
- Active CA Bar membership in good standing;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Defense Workers' Compensation;
- Strong client interaction skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Responsibilities would include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Maintain caseload with minimal supervision;
• Interface and communicate promptly and effectively with clients, employers, TPAs, attorneys, claims examiners, claims managers, support staff, lien claimants, colleagues, healthcare providers, other law firms, court officials, etc.;
• Dictating/Drafting correspondence, memoranda, pleadings, motions, legal briefs, and workers' compensation structured/unstructured forms, etc.; Review and respond to discovery;
• Perform legal research;
• Develop/recommend case strategy/plan of action;
• Prepare for attendance at hearings, depositions, cross examinations, arbitration, informal settlements, conferences, meetings, etc.;
• Travel to and promptly appear at Workers' Compensation Appeals Boards hearings throughout Southern California;
• Travel to and promptly appear at various offices throughout Southern California for depositions, cross examinations, arbitration, informal settlements, conferences, meetings, client events, etc.;
• Timely and effectively report on hearings, depositions, appearances, etc.;
• Negotiate settlements;
• Monitor time and enter billing accordingly;
• Have solid understanding of rating on permanent disability, assessment of temporary disability and permanent disability rates, assessment of potential cost and exposure on future medical care as well as voucher liability;
• Alongside TPA and insurance, address and advise on employer-level concerns on returning to work and aspects of employment exclusively affecting the employer;
• Work independently without error under time constraints;
• Administrative duties as they relate to the practice of law;
• Other duties as assigned.
Misa Stefen Koller Ward, LLP is proud to offer a competitive salary which is contingent on experience; a generous benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, and life; as well as a great office environment. The option to work remotely may also be available for the right candidate.
For consideration, please submit your resume and salary expectations to Teresa E. Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions must be made via email ONLY.
MISA STEFEN KOLLER WARD LLP
Misa Stefen Koller Ward, LLP was founded by four attorneys with a combined experience of over 30 years in California workers' compensation. We are passionate about, and dedicated to, our clients which is reflected in the handling of our clients' cases. We know that our clients deserve the highest level of customer service and responsiveness. As envisioned in the inception of the firm, we believe smaller caseloads allow attorneys to be proactive rather than reactive, resulting faster and smoother case closure.
We have created a law firm that is more than just a business: It is a long-term commitment and relationship with our clients and their business partners. We are a law firm of attorneys who practice with honesty, integrity, and transparency. We have the highest expectations for ourselves and want to give our clients the same level of service we expect to receive.
At Misa Stefen Koller Ward, LLP, we are a family and we treat our staff and attorneys as such. Our employees deserve the same respect, appreciation, and responsiveness we provide our clients.
" The level of our success is only limited by our imagination and no act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted ." - Aesop