Keenan & Associates is a successful insurance brokerage and consulting firm meeting the insurance needs of hospitals, public entities and California school districts. Keenan specializes in providing consulting services in the areas of: employee benefits, workers' compensation, loss control, financial, and property & liability. We have seen continuous growth and success, and are positioned to lead the industry into the 21st century.
We currently have an exciting, career opportunity for a Claims Analyst based out of our Riverside, CA office.
The Claims Analyst is responsible for developing and delivering high quality, consistent and internally collaborative customer service to property & casualty clients. Strong leadership role in assisting clients to develop, implement, monitor and measure Return-to-Work program effectiveness. Strong understanding of FEHA and the Interactive Process, as it relates to industrial injuries and disabilities, with the ability to assist in educating customers. Leads the development and delivery of a service plan customized to meet the individual fiscal needs of each client. Primary focus is customer retention, RTW/FEHA/Interactive Process compliance, strategic planning and the development and delivery of client analytics, benchmarks and best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Provide clients with recommended best practices that will strengthen their return to work results and ultimately decrease their overall indemnity claim costs.
• Provide clients with recommended best practices that will strengthen their adherence with FEHA and the Interactive Process for industrial related disabilities resulting in decreasing overall indemnity costs while minimizing the risks associated with potential employment law claims.
• Assist clients with the integration between workers’ compensation leaves and industrial accident leaves (Education Code benefits)
• Provide periodic review of the global operational and economic results of the clients programs.
• Develop statistical and analytics reports that will provide clear visibility of all clients’ program, areas of focus and monitor results.
• Roll out established medical provider networks, communicating and training front line medical providers where needed
• Identify areas of medical management PPO penetration opportunities to increase PPO usage and client savings
• Provide assistance to clients in developing improved relations with current Medical Providers or searching for new Medical providers
• Coordinate and partner with Loss Control and Account Managers in the development and delivery of a Risk Improvement Action Plans (RIAP).
• Coordinate and partner with the workers’ compensation claims team in conducting file reviews that demonstrate aggressive and appropriate claims resolution.
• Plan, coordinate and deliver client training and regional symposiums on topics related to workers’ compensation, property & liability, medical cost containment, risk management/best practices, etc.
• Attend ongoing educational/training programs for continuing development and knowledge of related fields.
• Union Educational Ombudsman
• Perform other Duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SUGGESTED QUALIFICATIONS:
A minimum of 5 years of workers compensation claims examiner, or equivalent, experience desired. Broad understanding of Property Casualty Insurance and a Self-Insurance Certificate is highly desirable. Must possess a strong knowledge of both Workers Compensation Laws. Strong knowledge of the Education Code as it pertains to industrial accident leaves is a plus. Must have practical experience in establishing and implementing Return to Work programs and FEHA/Interactive Process. Must be an effective organizer, planner, self starter and leader requiring minimum supervision. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting to small and large groups. Must possess analytical and practical abilities. Flexibility to work in a team setting is required. Must have the ability to build relationships and create personal bonds with clients and prospective clients. Must be comfortable in fast paced and continuously changing environment.
Keenan provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. We encourage teamwork and employee initiative - people working together is what makes Keenan a success. We invite you to share in the commitment of preserving our warm tradition, reputation and dedication to our clients. After all…What you do makes a difference!
Please apply online at www.keenan.com/careers
. For more information, visit our website at www.keenan.com
Keenan provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Keenan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.