- Location: LONG BEACH, CA
- Sector: Legal
- Employment type: Permanent
- Date posted: Jul 9, 2018
- Closes: Jul 30, 2018
Well established workers’ compensation defense firm has immediate opening for a full-time Workers' Compensation associate attorney for an opening in our Long Beach office. We are looking for that special candidate who is outgoing, confident, competitive, driven and interested in career advancement and who, perhaps equally as important, values a healthy work environment that is friendly and supportive. If you have actually tried a case(s) with witness testimony that is a real plus.
Attorney will represent employers and carriers before the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board in all phases of litigation, practicing law in compliance with ethical standards as established by state law. Responsibilities include providing legal analysis and advice; preparing and filing legal pleadings and documents; preparing written discovery, depositions, motions and briefs in support of defense strategies; performing legal research; preparing for and conducting pre-trial discovery and preparing for and attending hearings, status conferences and lien trials.
We offer competitive compensation and generous benefits.
· JD from accredited law school and license to practice in the state of California
· Minimum 5 years’ of current or recent experience in workers’ compensation field (applicant or defense)
· Case handling, deposition and trial experience, with knowledge of current workers' compensation case law/Labor Code, and experience before the WCAB
· Commitment to high quality legal work
· Must be well organized with good analytical skills, excellent oral and written communication skills
· Customer focus and quality client relation skills required
· PC literate with keyboard skills, proficient in MS Word and Outlook
Please provide résumé, references and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org