We are currently looking for Hearing Representatives to handle all lien matters and C&R walkthroughs at various WCAB, especially in LA County & Oxnard area
- Review cases and prepare plans of action for lien/litigation
- Attend hearings and trials
- Prepare Hearing Reports
- Prepare appropriate pleadings, motions, etc.
- Stay current on workers’ compensation news and new decisions
- Experience in case-in-chief settlement walkthroughs a plus
- Experience in Alternative Dispute Resolution proceedings a plus
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- 1-5 years Hearing Representative experience or equivalent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Multitasking, organizing, and meeting deadlines
- Expertise in the procedures at the WCAB and knowledge of WCAB venues and judges
- Valid California Driver's License
- Experience working in a paperless environment preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent. Related college-level coursework preferred
This is a full-time position. WCAB board appearances are from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm. Due to the nature of this position, travel will be required to the WCABs assigned. This position will also require you to be in the office once a week to meet with litigation management and on days when there are no hearings. Extended hours may be required on days when there are multiple hearings or trials.
Ability to lift physical files that may weigh up to 30 lbs. Standing and sitting for extended periods.
Please provide the following documents to HR@hcrg.com:
- Cover letter
- List of References