Advanced Neurology for Workers’ Comp & Occupational Health
3 DVD set containing 6.5 hours of instruction + 94 page written manual.
Each year a substantial portion of workers’ compensation indemnity and medical costs are spent on claimants with neurological injuries, conditions, and treatment. In this unique DVD seminar viewers are, for the first time, able to learn about the diagnostic tests that they have been reading and see them demonstrated live. This DVD seminar will help attendees make informed decisions about the etiology, progress, treatment, rehabilitation and return to work of claimants with neurological conditions.
You will learn:
• The anatomy and physiology of common occupational neurological conditions.
• What diagnostic testing actually consists of and the importance of “positive” findings.
• The etiology and work relatedness of these conditions.
• How neurological diagnoses are made.
• What works and what does not work for treatment options.
• The effective use of occupational/physical therapy.
• Typical recovery times.
• When claimants can be cleared to return to work.
• Causation of neurological injuries, conditions, treatment, impairment, and disability.
• How to effectively manage claims.
• How to evaluate pre-existing conditions.