California Regulations 15489.1
§ 15489.1 Change in Status
|(a) The group self insurer and/or group member shall notify the Manager in writing within 30 days of any of the following:
(1) Any amendment to an affiliate group member employer's charter, articles or agreement of incorporation, association, or co-partnership which changes its identity, business structure, or ownership in a material manner from the status as it existed at the time of issuance of its Certificate of Consent to Self Insure;
(2) If the group self insurer or any group member proposes to cease doing business entirely, proposes to cease doing business in California, or proposes to dispose of, by sale or otherwise, the controlling interest of the business for which the Certificate of Consent to Self Insure or Affiliate Certificate of Consent to Self Insure was issued.
(b) If any group self insurer or group member desires to retain its self insured status following any amendment to the articles, charter, or agreement of incorporation, association, or co-partnership which changes its identity or business structure or ownership, the group self insurer or Group Administrator shall provide to the Manager the following information:
(1) A written description of the event(s) and the date it occurred;
(2) Copies of Certificates of Status or other appropriate registration documents filed with the Secretary of State in which the self insurer is incorporated concerning the change of the self insurer's status; and
(3) Written notice indicating that the group self insurer and/or group member will continue to provide financial statements or other financial documentation pursuant to Section 15484;
(c) If a group self insurer or group member reincorporates, merges, or changes its identity, a new resolution shall be submitted to the Manager in accordance with Section 15485 of these regulations.