Florida Regulations 69L-56.100
§ 69L-56.100 Proof of Coverage (POC) Electronic Reporting Requirements.
(a) Every insurer shall send to the Division by electronic data interchange electronic policy information for Certificates of Insurance, Endorsements, Reinstatements, Cancellations and Non-Renewals pursuant to the filing time periods in Rule 69L-56.210, F.A.C. Such policy information shall be sent in accordance with the "EDI Trading Partner Requirements" set forth in Section 2 through 6 of the Florida Division of Workers' Compensation Proof of Coverage Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Implementation Manual, July 2006, which is incorporated herein by reference. A copy of the manual may be obtained from the Division of Workers' Compensation at its website, http://www.fldfs.com/wc/edi.html. The Division will not accept an electronic transaction that fails to comply with the "EDI Trading Partner Requirements" in Sections 2 through 6 in this manual. The insurer shall send electronic transmissions either directly to the Division or through a third party vendor.
(2) On or before April 2, 2007, all electronic form equivalents of Proof of Coverage data shall be sent in the Proof of Coverage formats adopted by the IAIABC and located in Section 2 of the IAIABC EDI Implementation Guide for Proof of Coverage: Insured, Employer, Header, Trailer & Acknowledgement Records, Release 2.1, 10/01/06 Edition.
(3) (a) At least one (1) business day before the insurer or third party vendor sends its first transmission to the Division, the insurer or third party vendor shall send to the Division in an email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org, their profile information using the following forms adopted in Rule 69L-56.001, F.A.C.:
1. "EDI Trading Partner Profile," DFS-F5-DWC-EDI-1 (10/01/2006), and
2. "EDI Trading Partner Insurer/Claim Administrator ID List", DFS-F5-DWC-EDI-2 (10/01/2006), and
3. "EDI Transmission Profile - Sender's Specifications," DFS-F5-DWC-EDI-3 (10/01/2006).
(b) The insurer or third party vendor shall report changes to its profile information to the Division at least one (1) business day before sending transactions containing new profile-related information. The insurer or third party vendor shall report the new profile information by emailing a revised "EDI Trading Partner Profile", DFSF5- DWC-EDI-1 (10/01/2006), and if applicable, the "EDI Trading Partner Insurer/Claim Administrator ID List", DFS-F5-DWC-EDI-2 (10/01/2006), and if applicable, the "EDI Transmission Profile - Sender's Specifications", DFS-F5-DWC-EDI-3 (10/01/2006) to the Division at email@example.com.
(c) If the insurer suspends the use of a third party vendor and begins sending its electronic Proof of Coverage data directly to the Division, the insurer shall, at least one (1) business day prior to the effective date of this change, email a revised "EDI Transmission Profile - Sender's Specifications," DFS-F5-DWC-EDI-3 (10/01/2006), to the Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(d) If the insurer changes third party vendors, the insurer shall, at least one (1) business day prior to the effective date of the change, send an email to the Division at email@example.com to report the name of the new vendor and effective date on which POC transactions will be sent by the new vendor.
(e) Insurers or third party vendors that experience a catastrophic event resulting in the insurer's failure to meet the filing requirements of this rule, shall submit a written or electronic request to the Division for approval to submit required electronic form equivalents in an alternative filing timeline. The request shall be sent to the Division within 15 business days after the catastrophic event. The request shall contain a detailed explanation of the nature of the event, date of occurrence, and measures being taken to resume electronic submission. The insurer or third party vendor shall also provide an estimated date by which electronic submission of affected EDI filings will be resumed. Approval to submit in an alternative filing timeline shall be granted by the Division if a catastrophic event prevents electronic submission. The approval must be obtained from the Division's Office of Data Quality and Collection, 200 E. Gaines Street, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-4226, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.