California Regulations 14
§ 14 Doctors of Chiropractic: Certification in Workers' Compensation Evaluation
|(a) All doctors of chiropractic shall be certified in workers' compensation evaluation by either a California professional chiropractic association, or an accredited California college recognized by the Administrative Director. The certification program shall include instruction in disability evaluation report writing that meets the standards set forth in section 11.5.
(b) California professional chiropractic associations or accredited California colleges applying to be recognized by the Administrative Director for the purpose of providing these required courses to chiropractors in California workers' compensation evaluation, shall meet the following criteria:
(1) The provider's courses shall be administered and taught by a California professional chiropractic association or a California chiropractic college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education. Instructors shall be licensed or certified in their profession or if a member of a non-regulated profession have at least two years experience in their area of instruction regarding workers' compensation issues.
(d) No one shall recruit members or promote commercial products or services in the instruction room immediately before, during, or immediately after the presentation of a course. Education providers or vendors may display/sell educational materials related to workers' compensation or applications for membership in an area adjoining a course. A course provider or faculty member shall disclose on QME Form 119 (Faculty Disclosure of Commercial Interest) (see, 8 Cal. Code Regs. § 119) any significant financial interest held by faculty in or affiliation with any commercial product or service which is discussed in a course and that interest or affiliation must be disclosed to all attendees. An education provider shall file every Form 119 in its possession with the Administrator Director.
Note: The "Physicians' Guide" does not appear as a part of this regulation. Copies are available through the Medical Director Division of Workers' Compensation, Attention: Medical Unit, P. O. Box 71010, Oakland, CA 94612.
1. New section filed 4-9-93 as an emergency; operative 4-9-93 (Register 93, No. 15). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL 8-9-93 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
2. Editorial correction amending subsections (a)(1) and (b) and Note(Register 93, No. 17).
3. New section refiled 9-16-93 with amendment of subsections (a)(1)-(b) as an emergency; operative 9-16-93 (Register 93, No. 38). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 1-14-94 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
4. Certificate of Compliance as to 9-16-93 order including amendment of subsections (b) and (c) transmitted to OAL 10-28-93 and filed 12-14-93 (Register 93, No. 51).
5. Relocation of article 2 filed 8-1-94; operative 8-31-94 (Register 94, No. 31).
6. Amendment of subsections (a)(1) and (a)(2), repealer of subsections (b)- (b)(2) and subsection relettering, and amendment of newly designated subsections (b) and (c) filed 8-23-96; operative 9-22-96 (Register 96, No. 34).
7. Amendment filed 6-7-99 as an emergency; operative 6-7-99 (Register 99, No. 24). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 10-5-99 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
8. Reinstatement of section as it existed prior to 6-7-99 emergency amendment by operation of Government Code section 11346.1(f) (Register 2000, No. 3).
9. Amendment filed 1-19-2000; operative 1-19-2000 pursuant to GovernmentCode section 11343.4(d) (Register 2000, No. 3).
10. Renumbering of former section 14 to section 16 filed 4-14-2000 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2000, No. 15).
11. Renumbering and amendment of former section 13.5 to section 14 filed 4-14- 2000; operative 5-14-2000 (Register 2000, No. 15).
12. Amendment of subsections (a), (b), (b)(4) and (b)(6) and redesignation and amendment of former subsection (b)(7) as new subsection (c) filed 8-23-2001; operative 8-23-2001 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2001, No. 34).
13. Amendment of section and Note filed 1-13-2009; operative 2-17-2009 (Register 2009, No. 3).