More and more organizations are adopting the NIOSH Total Worker Health Approach to employee wellness and safety. The results of the collaboration between Wellness, Safety and EHS are well documented. But how does an organization make that cultural or practical shift happen with success and sustainability? Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs), are one of the leading causes of lost workday injury and illness across industries. A core symptom is the appearance and experience of chronic pain by employees. MSDs have a significant cost impact on organizations; $20 Billion a year in workers comp cost and more than $600 Billion in healthcare and lost productivity including the harmful impact of Opioids. Addressing this through traditional safety initiatives or wellness programs will have has limited impact. Even addressing employees in the comp system has been siloed too long. It is not about workers comp and not about wellness but about looking at the organization from a more holistic approach and bringing together all areas that can impact the outcomes of increased health, productivity and morale while lowering costs, reducing injuries and eliminating medication use.
- Through a holistic approach get workers who are injured back to work faster and less costly with no restrictions/light duty and eliminate the risk of opioid dependency
- How to Empower employees to take more ownership through Education and Engagement via focus on body, behavior and environmental changes – resulting in reducing claim time and cost as well as increase the likelihood of avoidance of injuries
- Understand the psychological impacts of pain and how to address them from a wellness perspective and while in the comp system
- Changing the culture from independent silos to collaboration between two or more distinct internal organizations and achieving sustainability (not just the flavor of the month) through blending ergonomic, wellness and safety techniques with a Total Worker Health approach for your employees to keep them healthy and productive
- Break down the cost savings and productivity benefits of a proactive total worker’s health mindset.
Instructed by Bill Zachry and Kevin Lambardo at 1pm PST
Time: 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Contact: 8054840333 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Webinar, N/A, CA
Jun 1, 2018
Brain Talks: Innovative talks for brain injury survivors, their families, and professionals by to …
Jun 2, 2018
Discussion: - Top Tips for Prepping Your Case for Trial - Nailing the Doctor's deposition - Bul …
Jun 6, 2018
Event Details: Registration & Range Opens Putting Contest Course Opens BBQ Opens Shotgun Start …